- If you want to work on console games, focus on learning C/C++.
- Spend your free time working on simple demos.
- It's good to know STL, but don't rely on it.
- Creating a website is a great way to show off your demos.
- Know what to expect of the interview process.
- Some tips on sending your application.
- Practice answering some interview questions. Also a second post on this.
- Know what to do after the interview.
- Don't take the 'easy route' in group projects.
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Getting a games programming job - Summary
One of my main topics has been giving tips on getting a job in console game programming. Here's a summary of all the posts on the subject: